Seeing that I am married to a veteran, I should have been more on top of things & put up a blog on Veteran's Day sharing with the world how proud I am to be married to a veteran. But, the word veteran brings to mind images of old men sitting over coffee at a small mom & pop shop, swapping stories of grandchildren & sports, so it still feels weird to call Mark a "veteran". But, the truth is, he is one. He has been to Iraq twice to fight in the war, literally FIGHT for others, for himself, for his soldiers, for America, so he certainly has earned the title, the right to call himself a veteran & to feel darn proud of it too. And I cannot even begin to express my gratitude at his sacrifice for our family & for our country. I am a soldier's wife & I wouldn't want it any other way.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
hear hear
Post a Comment