We love the zoo. It's a strange love though. Because when we go, there are times we feel sorry for the animals, forced to live in such tiny spaces, in a world they really were not meant for. Then again, there is something fascinating in observing them. And I'm sure if I went to a zoo full of humans, trapped in cages or areas that mankind attempted to make similar to their natural habitat, I would feel the same. Fascinated by watching them live, but feeling sorry for them at the same time. (I'm starting to think of a Far Side cartoon I may have seen portraying this.....)
But, we bought a membership to the Louisville zoo this past summer & since we get in free for an entire year we take advantage & we watch & observe & learn & enjoy. We happened to go on one of the last warm days of this season & saw a few animals we had not seen out in the hotter weather. Our zoo days are probably over until Spring though, so here's a few pics to share.




No comments:
Post a Comment