I was up earlier than usual with Grant this morning and as I'm getting ready to feed Grant, I hear Mark yell from the garage, "HEY! GET OUT OF THERE! I'M CALLING THE COPS!" So, of course I run to the garage to see what's going on, turn on the light & call for Mark. He says he caught someone in my parents Land Rover & when Mark yelled he ran off of course. My mom's purse was in the Rover, but her wallet was here in the house & once the cops got here she went out to see if anything else had been taken & it wasn't, although plenty of things out of her purse were strewn across the seat. But, the worst part of all of it is that we had the garage door open, the van unlocked & the door to the house from the garage unlocked. If this guy had been more serious we could have been facing a very bad situation.I mentioned to the cops how you get too comfortable feeling like you live in Mayberry & you don't get used to locking your doors, but I guess even in Mayberry they have problems. She tried to convince me to not let it get to me, but how can you not?? The car smells like cigar smoke now too. What theaf smokes a cigar while sifting through your stuff? Wonder how long he was sitting in there?
Well, there is plenty to be thankful for in this situation. Mark was the one to confront him. He didn't take anything. There wasn't much to take. He didn't try to come into the house. And the cops responded quickly & scanned our yard thoroughly & several times as well as the surrounding area. Nothing more we can do but just be smarter next time.


3 comments:
Oh my goodness! That's terrible...and scary to think what COULD have happened! Eeek!
Glad you guys are okay.
I am shocked that you leave your garage door open all night. I am my father's daughter. Everything goes into lock down. I am glad that Mark caught him. It certainly does shake your feeling of security when something like that happens.
Yeah... Chandi is definitely her father's's daughter in this respect. He locks the car inside the locked garage all the time, every time. And we live on Walton's Mountain. I, on the other hand, grew up in Los Angeles with a dad who's philosophy was, "locked doors only keep honest people out." I too, am my father's daughter. I know it's a different world and my attitude is absolutley NUTS!! In this day and age, too many crooks are interested in taking far more than the contents of your purse. It's outright scary! Glad you had your very own super hero there to protect you!
Post a Comment