I had not ventured down into our basement since the work began 3 days ago, so my mom took pictures of what has been going on down there. For the first two days we heard nothing but jack hammering from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Yesterday was better since they were done jack hammering, but it's a good thing they had their drainage system in because it rained & it rained hard & the water was definitely coming in, but thankfully right into the new drainage system. Ever since we moved in almost 7 months ago, every time it rained we had water in 3 major spots downstairs & we were soping it up with towels & running Mark's shop vac into the ground getting up all the water & it started to smell awful, like mold & mildew. Thankfully now we won't have to worry about that anymore & I can finally use the room we had dedicated as the nursery. My poor little babies haven't slept in their crib ONCE yet. And I went to all the trouble of finding the matching bedding & Gloria even sent me that matching comfortert that I just love & it hasn't even been used!! So, I'm quite anxious for the work to be done, but we have about another week before we can go down there. They are pouring concrete today & putting some vinyl stuff on the walls for drainage & then we have to let the concrete dry for 4-5 days before we can start putting all the furniture back in place. WOW!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
what a mess
Post a Comment