While we were outside last night enjoying our unusually cool summer weather, our neighbor came over & offered to let us pick cherries from the cherry tree in his yard. He said the birds were getting at them fast & if we wanted some we needed to hurry. I'm not going to pass up the chance to get some cherries! You can eat them right off the tree, they are so soft & have such rich flavor. They can be a bit tart, but they will make amazing cherry turnovers & I was even thinking about some chocolate cherry muffins possibly..... The kids had a great time helping to find just the right ones to take home.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Cherry Pickin'
While we were outside last night enjoying our unusually cool summer weather, our neighbor came over & offered to let us pick cherries from the cherry tree in his yard. He said the birds were getting at them fast & if we wanted some we needed to hurry. I'm not going to pass up the chance to get some cherries! You can eat them right off the tree, they are so soft & have such rich flavor. They can be a bit tart, but they will make amazing cherry turnovers & I was even thinking about some chocolate cherry muffins possibly..... The kids had a great time helping to find just the right ones to take home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow, what a cool neighbor! I'll bet that was great fun!
Post a Comment