CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Gobble! Gobble!

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Nancy & John came up to enjoy it with us.  Nancy did most of the cooking which I was very happy about, becuase I'm not that great at cooking.  She made the turkey, homemade dressing (the only dressing I make is called StoveTop), cranberry sauce with real cranberries (I usually just open a can), pumpkin pie (one of my favs), mashed potatoes from real potatoes (I usually use the flakes & nuke them) and these amazing chess squares that I ate way too many of.  I contributed by making baked beans, sweet potatoes and cheesecake.  Everything turned out perfectly!  We watched the Macy's parade that morning while we cooked and hung out with everyone and then we all just lounged around after stuffing ourselves.  
We did our thankful tree as we have for several years now.  I love everything about it, looking for just the right branch, cutting out the leaves and then most of all writing down the things I'm thankful for this year.  We each did two things.  My two were 1. Happy, Healthy Kids and 2. Good Medication.  I save the leaves and will put them with the scrapbook page of our Thanksgiving whenever I get around to scrapping again.

This is my new favorite Thanksgiving buddy.  He's missing one arm (which I have but just need to sew on), but when I noticed him sitting on a table at T.J. Maxx, the arm was already gone and we found it at the other end of the table, so the manager gave me 75% off and I figured that was definitely worth taking him home.  




This is Grant helping Daddy make a fire. He wants to help with everything & anything.
The girls making turkey snack cups. I have had them sitting in our craft stash for ages & was thrilled to finally make them.

Here's Noah showing off the final product.  We always look forward to Nancy's cereal mix every holiday so it was the perfect snack to use in our turkey snack cups.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!  

6 comments:

Plan Our Health said...

Looks great! I especially love the thankful tree idea!

Sybil said...

I'm glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I had to laugh at the mashed potatoes with "real potatoes" part, sometimes you are just to funny. I'm glad Nancy and John could be a part of the day with ya'll and the food looked great too!

wispy willow said...

We did! I see yours was filled with imagination, creativity, cute kids, family, and LOTS of food!

Looks like a grrrrreat time!

Anonymous said...

i love the tree idea! i'm going to try that!

Jenn said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Can't believe how fast your little ones are growing up!

Unknown said...

You haven't scrapbooked in a while either? I guess those things get set aside until the kiddies are a little older. Your Thanksgiving looked great. Emily