Last week Grant was hospitalized at Kosair's Children's Hospital for a few days. He had RSV, bronchialitis and double ear infections. He didn't look that sick, but he definitely was. They sent us home with antibiotics and a nebulizer to give him breathing treatments. As soon as we got home I had to drop him off and pick up Daphne to take her to the ER on post because she had the same symptoms Grant before we found out he had RSV. She thankfully did not have to be hospitalized because we already had the ability to give her breathing treatments at home and observe her, but after she didn't get any better a few days down the road, we took her back to the ER & come to find out she now had an upper respiratory bacterial infection. Poor girl. We had a few really great days where they were both back to being extremely smiley and mischevious, but Daphne woke up this morning with red, puffy eyes, coughing, sneezing and a really bad runny nose. Girl just can't cut a break.
But, Kosair's was an amazing hospital and I am so thankful we have it near enough to us to have care there.
The second day there Mark brought Daphne over to see Grant & he was so happy! They both went right to playing with each other and finding ways to play where they shouldn't, hahahaha.


Here he is getting in one more good nap before we head home! YEA!!!


2 comments:
Poor little babes. It's just not fair to be so sick and so little. Hopefully, they are on their way to full recovery.
I love that even sick, he's still smiling. That really is a great hospital. That's where Shelby and Ryder both went for their surgeries. I remember the nurses being so nice. I'm glad they are both home now and on their way to being healthy!
Post a Comment