With our previous two school age children we never had a Kindergarten Graduation, so I was actually really excited that we got one this time. They had the cutest little program they put on. I did get some video, but need to upload it before I can share it. And I also have some professional photos of her in a cap and gown that I need to scan in, but I wanted to at least share these while I was updating things.
I have never been great at giving teacher thank you gifts or trinkets to show our appreciation for the job they do, but when we were at the school on graduation night, I got up the courage to tell her teacher, Ms. Harl, how grateful we were for her efforts and love in being a school teacher. I couldn't even speak to her without the tears flowing which only caused her to get teary eyed as well, but it really touched my heart to know that she appreciated us telling her how awesome she was. She was a sensational teacher for Isabelle. Both Mark and I had tried several times in previous years to teach Isabelle things about math and reading with no success AT ALL. It really does, for some kids, take someone else to wake up their minds and Ms. Harl did more than that for Isabelle. Isabelle is reading amazingly already and is wonderful about math and is more aware of the world around her all thanks to Ms. Harl. Ms. Harl even mentioned that the award Isabelle received, the Citizenship Award, was the highest award you could get in Kindergarten. She said Isabelle is ALWAYS kind to her classmates and helpful and very aware of their needs and how her actions effect others in class. Of course as a parent this is always so shocking to hear because you don't see this child at home, maybe rare glimpses but not on an everyday basis. I was so thrilled that she had been such a great student and had done something other than do her classwork well. Thank you Ms. Harl for bringing out the best in our sweet Isabelle.
I thought the gym was decorated so cute with the school colors. I am anxious to show you guys the videos. They are really cute.



2 comments:
oh that makes me want to start crying!!!!!
Congrats to Isabelle!!! I love hearing successful stories with kids and school since we are about to enter that phase in the fall!!! Thanks for sharing!
If I didn't comment on the city musuem post - I meant to - AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment