CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 4, 2009

One Thanksgiving Picture

I did horribly in taking photos on Thanksgiving this year. Someone did snap this photo & I know it wasn't me because I'm peeking out there on the side! It was just our family & our neighbor, Charley, who came to eat with us because her husband had to work that day.

I made ham, twice baked mashed potato casserole, roasted asparagus, stuffing, sweet potatoes, chess pie & pumpkin cheesecake. It was a decent enough dinner, not spectacular, but decent.

My favorite part is our Thankful Tree. We have been doing this as a family tradition for a few years now & it always brings tears to my eyes to hear what my family is thankful for that particular year. Then we take the leaves & save them for our scrapbook. Mark & Noah went out that morning to find just the right branch. It was a perfect one this year. The girls traced leaves & cut them out & they were just right as well. This was all I needed this year to know it was a good Thanksgiving.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sybil said...

Awesome picture and I love your thankful tree. That is a great tradition!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

I have never done a thankful tree and you are the 2nd person who's mentioned it this year - I want to add that to our traditions!!!!! I hope I remember!!!! Thanks for posting it!!! Cool branch!!!!