CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adventures with the Word of God

A few months ago I purchased a book titled, Adventures with the Word of God and we first used it in September. It's got a great theme for each month and a visual to go with it. The month of October was all about President Hinckley's Be's, so each bee you see represents a scripture we read and discussed that taught us about President Hinckley's Be's.

Next was October & it was all about falling leaves. Each leaf represented a scripture that taught us about The Creation, The Fall or The Atonement and when we had decided which pile it belonged in it went from the tree to it's corresponding pile until we had a very bare tree.

This month it's a turkey with feathers that have scriptures on them that talk about gratitude or thanks in some way. I'm looking forward to putting some feathers on that poor turkey! I highly recommend this book! We're having a blast with it and it's helping us to read our scriptures each and every night.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

It's a book? Where did you get it? It gives the idea and you do the graphics? You did a good job!!!! I'M VERY HAPPY to see you guys do this - inspiring to me!!!! Keep it up. And keep sharing so I can remember to look it up! (:

Anonymous said...

oh, your kids are growing up so fast!