And then he lovingly grabbed my hand & it let me know he knew what I was saying & he realized his mistake. Then as I was exploring the Time Out For Women website I came across this devotional & this is just a part of it. It was exactly what I had been saying & feeling & I just had to share.
**There are so many things we do that no one notices or appreciates. At home, we call this an “ooo-ahh” moment. Can't remember where we got this – probably stole it from my older sister. But when I get something done, I'll call over a family member.
"I need an ooo-ahh! Look at this fridge. I've cleaned the whole thing! Doesn't it look great?" And the family will stand there and go, “Ooooo!! Ahhh!” Sometimes they'll even clap. And I feel good! Yes, sometimes they roll their eyes and say, “Oh, brother! This is dumb!” But that doesn't stop me.
You can be your own cheerleader. We don't have to wait for others to notice or to appreciate what we do.
You can clap and say, “Man! Great job on that diaper change!”
You can shout and say, “Yes! I lost an entire pound this week!”
You can look at yourself in the mirror, eyeball to eyeball, and say, “I have got to say that you are an amazing woman!” (this was my favorite part!!)
And don't mind what anybody else thinks. I will go on. Clapping in the car.
Clapping in the Car - You Can Be Your Own Cheerleader
by Merrilee Boyack


2 comments:
that's why we all love blogs so much- moms can give each other the appreciation and recognition that we ALL need! I think you are the most creative and musically talented and gorgeous and smart person I know. And that's not even how amazing I think you are to be doing so well giving birth to twins and taking care of them, while still keeping everything else going! you are my idol!
I think I have read that or hear that somewhere before. Who said it? I have been to the Time Out for Women seminars. I enjoy them very much. I think that it might really help to be our own cheerleaders. Some days it really gets old cleaning the kitchen 13 times.
Post a Comment