CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Going under the knife.

Tomorrow I have surgery to join the ranks of those who can actually answer "yes" when the nurse asks them if they have ever had surgery. "Yes, ma'am that would be me. Wanna know why? Because I had too many kids too soon. I took the idea of a life I wanted since age 10 & did exactly the opposite & I did it fast & furious. 5 kids in 9 years. I am a baby making machine & just like on those really scary movies where robots attack & it seems there's nothing you can do to stop them other than total annihilation...well, that's what I have to do to those darn things we call tubes that make it possible for me to be a baby making machine. They'll just burn them right off. Finito. Finished. Never to bear children again. I'm moving on from baby making machine to lifetime child rearer. Because I am sure it will seem like a lifetime before I ever get done raising these 5 kids we've brought into the world. So, yes, ma'am. I have had surgery." Well, okay, after tomorrow I can say this.

4 comments:

wispy willow said...

So, you're having some parts removed because they AREN'T rusty. Is that what I hear you saying? Well, good luck to you, cutie. I hope you recover quickly and that you have some honest to goodness quiet time to help you recover. Am I over reaching, here? Do you have some help? It sounds as though you're hanging on to the belief that the day will come when you actually STOP rearing your children. Only a young mother could carry that thought. You will never stop being called for counsel on everything from what to wear, how to make a meatloaf, how to tend a sick child, and how to pick out ripe fruit. You are now and forever their resource library. Motherhood is addictive and those apron strings we keep hearing about are never really cut...maybe just untied. At least, that has been my experience both with MY mother... and with my children. I wouldn't change it in any way!
Welcome to the ranks of those of us who have been cut and stitched. I'll say a prayer for you.

Granny said...

We'll be thinking of you. Take care. Gramps and Granny

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Best wishes today Maria!

Plan Our Health said...

Let us know how you are doing.