CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Does It Take??



So, after a long day of pushing myself to my limits with running errands, doing housework, planning birthday parties, taking care of babies, taking care of older kids, helping with homework, making phone calls, shuffling paperwork, making dinner, doing laundry, writing e-mails, taking pictures, changing linens, taking out trash, day dreaming, and so on.... I decide about 10:00 pm, after all the little ones are tucked in bed, snoozing away... that I would give myself a mini spa, a night of special treatment to make me feel renewed.

When I was done, an hour later, I looked at all the products I had pulled out to use & did use & thought to myself...... How is this relaxing? How is this special treatment? This is just more work. Well, crap, next time I guess I'll just have to sneak grocery money to go to a real spa & let someone else handle the work, hahahahaha.

4 comments:

Granny said...

This is coming from the older, emphasis on older not OLD, generation. Believe us, we know how exhausted you are but will miss it some day!!! "Everything in moderation"!!! Either you have too much to do or not enough--and your house gets a little too quiet. Right now Maria, get that rest when you can and let some of the other things go--enjoy those youngin's while you can. Being a Mom is still the most wonderful occupation in the world!!! I, for one, appreciate all the photos you send--every morning, the first thing I do is look to see if there are some new photos. Hey, tell Mark to take a few of you too.

Gramps and I love you all so much!!!

Bond Fam said...

Haha I totally agree with that!

wispy willow said...

Yeah, well if you think the products necessary for a spa are excessive, just wait until those teesny, indiscernable, have to squint and cross your eyes to see them, lines on your 30 someting face turn into crevices it takes a rocket booster to cross. My anti aging creams, softeners, toners, cover-ups, pancake bases, lifting lotions, and myriad shades of eye shadow, lipgloss, blush and foundations could fill a hot tub to overflowing. And at the end of the day, my eyelids are still where my chin used to be, and my chin is resting comfortably on my shoulder blades. And, what is it that Bette Midler sang about in Beaches?.... The "Over the shoulder, boulder, holder" commonly known at Victoria Secret as the Brassiere. My daughter thinks I take mine off as often as I do (which is OFTEN... and everywhere) because they're uncomfortable. Not true. I take it off because, what's the point? Nothing short of an industrial crane is going to lift those babies anymore. Anyway... Let's talk about the good stuff. Babies and never sleeping, having "urp" spots on two thirds of your clothes, not remembering what urine free toilet seats look like, fingerprints and muddy foot prints EVERYWHERE...
Believe it or not, you'll miss all of those things. Granted, missing the yucky toilet seats is a very rapid, in and out of your mind very quickly, matter. But, your little ones are grown and moved into lives of their own in a blink. It's a void that can not be filled with reading, gardening, joining the "Red Hatters", taking up pottery or eating too much chocolate. So savour every delicious moment. Record and photograph the sweet moments and the crazy maker moments. As age settles on your shoulders, some of those precious pictures will make you smile,some will make you laugh outloud... and all will make you weep. I'm proud of what you're building of your life, Maria! You've grown into a truly beautiful woman... inside and out.

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Hello? That is WAY too much work....next time you want a pedi....call me and we'll go get one!!!! :)