CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Isabelle's 5th Birthday Party












Finally, here are some photos from Isabelle's Princess Tea Party. We went with a very wispy, delicate, fairy like theme with lots of soft colors and fabrics. And we loved an idea we saw in Martha Stewart Living about using berries & white cream & big fluffly pillows for sitting spots for the girls. I love Marthah Stewart's party ideas, they are often the inspiration I use when planning our parties. We had strawberry "tea" with mini cupcakes with big fluffy white frosting & purple crystal sprinkles. We also made a small round cake & adorned it with berries all around the edges. We also had fancy appetizers that the girls actually ate! We used a very delicate white china set I had bought in Germany that was accented with purple flowers & silver trim. It was fun getting to use it for such an occassion. Isabelle decorated the gift bags. We used just plain white gift bags & she cut out flowers from flower & seed catalogs my mom had been receiving since the first of the year. She glued all those cut out pictures to the front of the bags & then we filled them with princess goodies like bracelets & necklaces & lip gloss & delicate candies. We also included a crown for each girl & a shimmery snowflake shaped wand. We were very pleased with the results & relieved when the party was over to take the decorations down that had been up all week, hahaha.

5 comments:

Plan Our Health said...

Wow!! A true princess party! I especially love that stand that holds all of the cupcakes...that is really neat!

Anonymous said...

Your decorating was sooo beautiful! I love Martha Stewart's ideas too. What a sweet mom you are.

Sybil said...

What a fun party. It looks like everyone had a great time too. The kids look so happy and so does Izy. The decorations are great too!

wispy willow said...

Maria... I am so impressed! What a mom! And what great memories you're making, both for your little girl (who is adorable, by the way) and for you. You'll look at these pictures with warm tears freely flowing some day. I'm just sad that I didn't get to come. I'd have furnished my own tiara to sit on a fluffy pillow and share in the strawberry tea and cupcakes.

Chandi said...

You totally outdid yourself. From the pictures it looks amazing. I wish I could have been there. A dream come true for a little girl I'm sure.