CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Historic Snowfall in Kentucky

It was just plain crazy to think that this part of Kentucky could possibly get up to a foot of snow, let alone 3 inches, but as we went to bed last night the snowfall had been considerable during the day & had yet to stop. So, who knew what we would wake up to in the morning. 9 INCHES OF SNOW!!!!!! I know, my friends in Utah & Michigan are probably laughing, but you've just got to understand how crazy this is for Kentucky & how excited we were to be here when it happened so that we could put all of our good playing in the snow skills to use! So, we hopped out of bed this morning, hopped into our snow playing clothes, shoveled & blew off as much snow as we could in the driveway, scarfed down hot cinnamon rolls & made a batch of hot cocoa to take along with us & headed out to pick up our friends, Steve & Christy, for some good ol' sledding silliness.




Snowball Fight!! Then my camera battery went dead & I was so upset. But, at least I got these pics!




See the tree down there, well, just as we were trying to make the path go away from the tree, Mavaney went down on the tube & T-boned the tree with her entire body. Dad carried her back up & by the time they made it back to the top, she was just fine – thank goodness!

The perfect snow chair.

Steve & Christy chillin', literally.









After Steve's run, he had snow all down the front of his coat.

Christy gives it a try….

And there's always such a long walk back, but so worth the ride down.

Isabelle had no problem going down the hill by herself, which I was very impressed by. It was a really big hill!



I thought I was so cool, until I crashed & burned.

The proof. 9 Inches!!

We found a great hill on post to sled on & we were the first ones there, by the time we left, there was a crowd of people sledding all across the way. The snow was so deep we had to forge a path first so that we could sled faster.





My parents got rid of their snowblower when they moved because who would have thought we'd need it here! So, Mark is using the leaf blower!



4 comments:

Chandi said...

Funny that you are all excited about getting snowing and being able to sled, and we are praying for it to melt so we can see grass. How are the kids gonna play soccer?

Plan Our Health said...

Awesome!! We haven't had a whole bunch of snow here like I thought we would have had by now.

Bond Fam said...

You can keep all the snow you want, Im so sick of snow I think Id burst into tears if it started snowing here!

Anonymous said...

No way-how fun! It is fun when it only happens ocassionally!