CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!


We don't have big plans for today, but we started out the day with star spangled pancakes & bluish, greenish eggs. I kind of forgot that yellow & blue make green, hahahaha. The kids thought we were reliving green eggs & ham from Spring Break. I honestly was just trying to make blue eggs for a whole red, white & blue thing. They still taste the same!! We read over the national anthem & Mavaney was the only one that really understood what today is for & why we celebrate it, but the other kids will learn.

Mavaney said she was thankful for being born in America because she loved having so many rights as an American.
I said I was thankful that we can have as many kids as we want because I can't imagine my life without these munchkins in it.
The other two had no clue what we were talking about, but like I said, they'll come around someday.

On a side note, the babies LOVE their new seats at the table. Daphne kept looking over at me & gently touching my arm as she smiled, as if she was saying, "It's so nice to be here with you mom." I think making them part of the family meals is such an important part of growing up. I can't wait until they can start eating real food!!!

2 comments:

Sybil said...

Those are some very cute high chairs. I'm sure everyone enjoyed such a special breakfast!

Jean Tagliere said...

You are soooooooooo good at making memories like that!! And your right, the babies do look like they enjoy being at the table, they are such big babies now!