CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Something has gone horribly wrong.

I feel yucky & I have been doing nothing but taking care of the babies when the kids can't handle it; I've already taught Noah how to make a bottle, asked for numerous errand running for baby type items & asked for continuous repositioning of the one baby (Daphne) who does not care to be on her stomach but always ends up there; all while laying on the couch downstairs watching TV.

When Mav saw me down there, she said, "Mom, what are you doing down here? You NEVER watch TV? I know a lot of good channels, like ABC Family, they have Sabrina the Teenage Witch."

Then Isabelle comes down, "MOM!?!? What are you doing? What's going on?"

And Noah, "Oh....I was going to ask you to do something for me, but I guess you're not feeling any better if you're down here watching TV."

Clearly, I have upset the order of our household by taking a day off. I truly feel dumber for it too. I have watched Rachel Ray interview Cindy Crawford & make several dishes I would NEVER eat. I watched Maury with girls aged 13-15 with potty mouths & complete disrepect for adults of all shapes & sizes, with no respect for themselves clearly, although Maury did get them a fun day in jail with a serious talking to by fellow inmates & in the end the girls changed their tune with tearful apologies & hugs for the mothers they just cussed out less than 24 hours ago. Amazing (this is heavily sarcastic, is there a keyboard shortcut for that?) And I gave in & watched an episode of Fairly OddParents which was actually quite funny & I watched an episode of the Cosby Show simply because Mavaney recognized Raven' Symone on there as a little girl. And the Jonas Brothers were on Oprah & that's when I came up here to see if there was ANYTHING I could take to help me feel better & FAST.

I was not cut out to be a couch potato. The commercials alone make me feel like I'm being tortured.

3 comments:

Sybil said...

You have the couch potato blues? So what size is Oprah wearing these days, haha.. Just teasing ya. I haven't watch her in forever. I sure hope you feel better soon. I know you have felt badly for a few days now. Let's just hope you get better soon. Call some of those great church ladies and have them bring on the homemade chicken noodle soup! Maybe you can get Amy to make some of that great homemade bread! That stuff was so good you brought with you to Nancy's! Ok, now I'm hungry, haha. Hope you feel better soon!

Bond Fam said...

Dont feel to guilty, I think that we all go through this at some point! If I had to watch commercials I wouldnt never watch tv, my life has been a lot better since we got a DVR, but watch out cause once you have one you cant go back, I have no patience for commercials anymore cause I never have to watch them! I hope you start feeling better!

Chandi said...

Yes, the days where we can feel our brain power being sucked from us. I have days like that too. We had gone without any tv at all for about 5 months. It was actually really nice. John happened to turn it on the other day and discovered we have it back. It was kind of sad. I have had the book John Adams sitting here waiting for me to read it for 2 weeks now, and in the evening I feel the sucking power of the tv.