You wonder when it's going to happen, the first time something happens in the middle of the night & you end up at the ER waiting for hours on end only to find out they're just fine (well, this is usually how it goes). So, two nights ago, Daphne woke up with croup. If you have ever had to experience croup with any of your children you will know the dreaded sound right away. The labored breathing, the cough that sounds like a barking seal & the pain you know they are in because that cough just sounds so awful. So, after 2 hours of trying to soothe her here at home, her breathing got a little too strained & I rushed her to the ER on post. We were seen right away of course & her lungs sounded very clear, but they were still concerned about the difficulty she seemed to be having breathing & you could just tell she was so uncomfortable. So, they gave her some steroids & a breathing treatment & sent us home with steroids to take the next 4 days as well as an Albuterol inhaler if she needs one. The next morning she was definitely not her usual bubbly self & spent most of her time lounging in the swing & watching her favorite movie, Flushed Away. Tonight has been difficult, but we hope she gets better real soon.
These are photos of her last night getting ready to take her medicine. I just had to share a photo of her in these adorable butterfly socks.


6 comments:
Poor Daphne. I hope she is feeling better soon!
I've gone through that with Ryson. It is so sad. Hope she gets feeling better.
Hope you feel better baby!! I send my kisses from Colorado!
How scary! I hate it when babies get a cough! Broc has had this a lot and he has had to have breathing treatments a lot! I hope that she starts feeling better soon!
We really hope Daphne gets better soon. Do the doctors think that she might have asthma? Give her a hug and a kiss for us.
We really hope Daphne gets better soon. Do the doctors think that she might have asthma? Give her a hug and a kiss for us.
Post a Comment