CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WE FINALLY HAVE A PIANO!!!!!

I have not had a piano in my home since Mark got me one as a wedding present & we were not able to keep it with us when we moved from Memphis. Since then the only chance I have had to play the piano was when I was helping out at church & those times were few & far between.

This past week I got a call from my friend, Amy, asking if I had seen a recent e-mail from another lady at church who had bought a piano from Goodwill & had decided she no longer wanted it. I did not get the e-mail, so I jumped & said, "Amy! Call her for me & tell her I want it! I WANT IT!!" She had only paid $30.00 for it & had it looked at by someone who said it was definitely worth purchasing. Come to find out, it was the SAME piano I had seen at Goodwill the week before but was unable to buy because the man in the donation center said I had to wait until they put it out on the floor & he had no idea when that would be. I just gave up because I couldn't go there everyday to check & I figured they would overprice it anyway, so I couldn't believe it when events turned out like they did. Amy called me back shortly after our first conversation & said that the lady had already promised the piano to someone else who was going to give it to City Hall, but City Hall already had two pianos & I had a bit of a sob story since I couldn't afford a new piano & had been looking for one for a great while, so she called the lady back & told her & she called the lady she had promised it to & they both decided to let me have it! I WAS ECSTATIC & beyond grateful!

Mark recruited some guys from work to help get it here to the house & I got them hot pizzas from Papa John's & plenty of cold soda for all their hard work. I even got up & made snickerdoodle cookies that morning for them. It was the least I could do.

Saturday morning a guy from our church came over to tune it & he gave us a great deal! Apparently, he learned piano tuning & repair in HIGH SCHOOL! It was a class he took all 4 years! You sure wouldn't see that on your curriculum choices in high school these days! I am very thankful for his immense musical talent!

We have already spent countless moments at the piano as a family & Mark even pulled out his guitar which he has not done in a very, very long time, so maybe this will prompt him to get going again. I know I already feel a new closeness with my family just having the piano in our home. The kids are very excited about learning. I just have to prepare myself to be their teacher! Not an easy task I tell ya! Now I have two major temptations during the day, this darn computer & the piano!!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. It's just beautiful. Eimi has been playing piano for almost 6 years now. It's a wonderful sound to hear her play. Emily has been playing for 2 years. It doesn't take long for the clunking on the keys to turn into beautiful music. Your family is so blessed. Your patience really paid off. Enjoy!!

Sybil said...

I'm so happy for you. I know how much you love music and you play beautifully. I know the kids will value the lessons you teach them later in life!

Chandi said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. You definitly need to keep your music going.

Jean Tagliere said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! WHAT A GREAT STORY! I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT FOR IT WHEREVER YOU MOVE TO!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!! CONGRADS!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you ever lucky! I've been dying for a piano for the last 10 years, and I won't get one until we move into a house either. Think of me sometimes while you play! :)