CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween Creativity

We opted NOT to carve pumpkins this year.  Mark was leader of the band when it came to carving them last year, but I still hated just seeing and smelling the mess.  And the pumpkins seemed to rot so quickly.  So, we painted them this year and Mark did not participate.  He was probably boy cotting since we didn't carve.  He's a classic celebrator and likes to stick to what he knows.  He's so cute.  Anyway!  Here are our creations! 
I used pen to draw the pictures on the kids pumpkins and then they painted them. These are Mav's pumpkins.
This one is Isabelle's. It's supposed to be Dora.  We didn't exactly have all the right colors and even if we had Isabelle wouldn't have used them anyway. She likes to do her own thing of course.  What 5 year old doesn't??
(Noah didn't finish his.)
This was a wreath I threw together.  It didn't look so great on a black door, but oh well.  
I loved doing this one.  The pumpkin was of course my inspiration.  Then I found a great stick outside for the nose, made the hat out of a piece of craft foam and some big wiggly eyes and some leftover spiderweb for hair. Oh and a plastic spider just for kicks.  I added foam dots to the hat and some candy corn which both Zach (my friend's son) and Grant sampled some of. 

I enjoyed this project too simply becuase it was easy and quick.  Just three white pumpkins with black lettering and orange rick rack on the stems, threw them on a platter and covered it with candy corn.  Voila!

1 comment:

Sybil said...

super super cute craft ideas! What fun those must have been painting!