CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

One Already?!?!?!?


The babies celebrated their First Birthday on December 4th.  I am still in shock that a year has passed by already. They have been so much fun to play with and watch grow.  They are the perfect fit into our family.  

Things I can do at age one (Grant):
Make adorable noises and even attempt to say a few words like: Bye Bye, Hello, Cracker, No
Clap my hands
Click my tongue
Wave Bye Bye
Torture my sister
Follow everyone everywhere
Give hugs
Brush my hair
Walk really, really fast
Play peek-a-boo
Smile just right to melt your heart

Things I can do at age one (Daphne):
Make hilarious faces
Sing
Dance
Wave Bye Bye
Fend off my brother
Try to put headbands and necklaces on
Smack my lips when I'm hungry
Eat lots of stuff
Be just as cute as possible 24/7
Take my shoes and socks off
Clap my hands


We didn't overdo it for the babies' birthdays. We have learned you often end up celebrating by yourself because they could care less, but we knew balloons would be a hit.  We got them one present each, a dog that walks, barks and flips over.  They didn't react as we had hoped they would but considering the week Grant had in the hospital and Daphne on her way to being really sick, we couldn't ask for too much.  
Although Grant did not want much to do with his cake, Daphne was willing to give it a try and even pucker up for the camera.  Mavaney & Granny made mini star & heart shaped cakes, but I forgot to get a picture.  And yes Sybil, there was icing on it.  
Of course baths were needed after cake and I had fun messing up their hair after drying it and just had to take some pictures.  In the side profile picture Daphne is making one of her funny faces where she sticks out her neck and pushes her lips together. She's so hilarious.

4 comments:

Plan Our Health said...

There are my birthday buddies!! Except I'm 29 years older. Ahem. :)

Jean Tagliere said...

Thank you for sharing their lives with us! It is so cool seeing all the kids grow up before our eyes! Happy Birthday Babies!!

Chandi said...

I love love love love love the hair! It is so cute. HaPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT AND DAPHNE.

Sybil said...

Thank you for the icing, ha ha. I fought hard for that one! It looks like they really liked the balloons, what kid doesn't right? It looks like they enjoyed themselves even though they were not feeling well. Thanks for sharing the pictures!