Some of you may know that Mark has been in the Army for over 8 years. Although he had the option to come into the Army as an Officer, he chose to go enlisted, which has taught us lessons & taken us places we never imagined, BUT he never gave up on the idea of becoming an Officer & the day has finally arrived.
Actually, the first celebration came when he was selected to go back in October. The second celebration came just two days ago when we FINALLY found out when he would be attending school & what his branch would be. He will attend school late August & he has been branched into Ordnance. I'm not entirely sure what Ordnance is, but it's Logistics, that's what he told me to say, hahahaha. Mark will graduate as a Lt. somewhere abouts mid November. There will be more schooling to complete after that, but mid November is when he can officially call himself an Officer. (and will officially be paid as an officer ;) )
I can't let this post go by without putting a plug in for what an amazing soldier Mark has become. He exudes many qualities every soldier should have. His honesty and work ethic are unmatched. He has worked extremely hard over the past 8 years to prove himself to be a good, solid, dependable soldier and I know he has surpassed that goal.
CONGRATS MARK! We are all so proud!!!!!


4 comments:
Not only should you be proud of Mark, but you should be proud of yourself. It's not being a military wife and you did it all while raising 5 kids. You are incredible and part of why Mark is so wonderful. I'm sure that goes both ways.
Congrats to the whole Keel family! It's not just an accomplishment for Mark but for all of you. He wouldn't have been able to do it without a loving wife like you next to him! Congrats to you both! I know you are looking forward to that pay raise too :)
Well thats exciting! Tell him I said Congrats! (even though he has no idea who I am, lol)
Mark congrats!!! When will you get orders? and where? I am so happy! You have a wonderfully, smart husband! You are very lucky!
Post a Comment