CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

We Give Thanks

I hope each & every one of you had the pleasure of friends and/or family in your presence on this Thanksgiving holiday. We were blessed to have not only Mark home this year, but to have my mom & dad with us as well. We had a simple meal, but an absolutely delicious one cooked exclusively by my mom. We would have been going out to eat if she had not been here.



The Menu:
small breast of turkey
small brown sugar ham
sweet potato casserole
stuffing
dinner rolls
honey cornbread
asparagus
pumpkin pie
pumpkin cheesecake
triple berry pie

Our Thanksgiving Tradition:
For 4+ years we have had a 'Thankful Tree'. I do believe I got the idea out of a magazine, probably Family Fun. But, it has been a treasured tradition in our family ever since. The kids go out & look for a branch that resembles a tree. Mom prints out leaves. Mav & Mom cut out leaves, punch a hole in them & tie a ribbon on them. Then when we sit down to eat, each person at the table has two leaves & a pencil at their plate & after we have said the blessing over the food, before we put anything on our plates, we take a moment to each write down two things we are thankful for this year. Then we share them with everyone & place them on our 'Thankful Tree'. I then keep the leaves to put on our Thanksgiving Day scrapbook page each year.

1 comment:

Chandi said...

I like this idea. I might just have to try it.