
Mitt Romney suspended his presidential campaign Thursday, telling a stunned conservative group that continuing his uphill battle against John McCain would hurt the Republican Party and make it more likely that the Democratic candidate would win the general election in November.
“If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention … I’d forestall the launch of a national campaign and frankly I’d be making make it easier for Senator Clinton or Obama to win,” Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference. “Frankly, in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.”
“This isn’t an easy decision. I hate to lose,” Romney said Thursday, as many in the crowd booed the decision. “If this were only about me, I’d go on, but it’s never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America in this time of war, I feel I have to now stand aside, for our party and for our country.”
What a shame that such a good candidate has lost. I'll certainly be looking for him in the next Presidential Race.


4 comments:
Man I didnt even know this had happended! That is sad! Thanx for putting it on here for clueless people like me who always misses the news!
This one really hurts!! I don't know what to do in the general elections. I think if Hillary were elected president the only option for me would be a quick move to Australia. Yet, I just can't bring myself to vote for John McCain. I agree with Tara. He's run such a Clintonian campaign and been so devious and underhanded. And can we say, SMUG, boys and girls? urp! gag! I don't know what Huckabee's problem has been with Romney unless he has some concerns about Mormonism not being in sinc with his evengelical beliefs. Shows he didn't do his homework on that issue. Anyway... I can only hope that we'll see him back on the stump next round. Although unless we get the media muzzled... I don't know how he'll fare a second time around, either. McCain's popularity is completely media driven! I'm really SAD!! It's almost wierd how deeply disappointed I am.
I know....I hated to see him drop out. He really is a conservative's conservative!! And excellent with business.
It was a disappointment. I will admit that I have never been real interested in politics, but have been following the campaign this time more closely than ever. I agree with Tara on what she said about Huckabee.
Post a Comment