Top Ten Favorite Things in my House hosted by TipJunkie!
#1 - Sleeping Kids - not that I don't love them awake too, but I love how peaceful they look & I do enjoy the quiet every now & again. I am thankful they each have their own warm, comfortable bed to sleep in.





#2 - My craft room. I don't spend much time down there these days, but
it's there & I am thankful for it. And yes, I know it's messy, which is probably why I'm avoiding it.
#3 - The unexpected piano. You can reference the previous post to read the story about how we gained this piece in our home. It has already brought many good memories to our entire family.

#4 - When we moved back here from Germany, we of course had to purchase a new washer & dryer since we had to give up the set we had before we left. But, this time we got to UPGRADE BABY! I was thrilled!! And I am thankful even for the dirty laundry because it means we have clothing to wear & bedding for our beds.

#5 - Our computer desk. Mark built the custom top for it & I LOVE IT! It may look cluttered but I know just where everything is & it's got lots of places for lots of stuff!! And of course I am so thankful we have a computer with internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6- The French piece we bought in Germany at an antique market for 60 euro. It's over 120 years old!!

#7 - The Vintage 1950's German piece that Mark originally HATED, but it was so inexpensive ($180 dollars!!) & I was so in love with it, I bought it anyway & when we first put it in our home back in Germany, Mark had to agree it looked great. It has these little glass drawers (I should have taken a picture!!) inside one of the doors that I just love, but don't know what to put in them....

#8 - Our first painting purchase. When we first moved to Butzbach, Germany, we found out about a little resale/antique shopped called Kattja's & we didn't even have a car yet, so we walked with all 3 kids to the little shop in town & bought this painting for $70.00. The shop owner had a big American military clientele & she accepted dollars for euro - INCREDIBLE!

#9 - The fake blue dogs. We found these at a floh market (like an American yard sale, but WAY COOLER!) & we both loved them for some odd reason because they really don't match a single thing we own. We walked around the market for quite a while & passed by the dogs again & again & the seller noticed, so as we were about to leave, he called out to us & started to bargain. We got them for 60 euro only to find out they were fakes, but we still love them!!!

#10 - Just having a home. I know right now a lot of people are without homes because of financial problems or natural disasters & I just count my blessings each & every day that we have a home to live in.
And I have to include the man that provides this home for us, my dear, wonderful, amazing, handsome HUBBY!

On a work day...

On a no-work, all play day.



4 comments:
You are such a happy person. I love to read your blog and see the perspective you have. It's refreshing. How many of us just walk by these things and never pay attention to the feeling and meaning behind them. It's a great trait to pass on to your 5 children who will be our future.
That was a nice post, seeing the things in your home that you were thankful for. Loved seeing all the European items again too!
I love everything that you have in your life! I didn't see Mark on the Top 10!! lol!
Great favorites - have to agree with you the sleeping kids!
Post a Comment